The Hardin County Historical Museums, INC. is a non-profit organization. The museum consists of two properties, The Sullivan-Johnson House and The Hardin County Heritage Farm. The museums runs solely on donations and grant money. We currently have two employees, a director and assistant director as well as a core group of volunteers. We are governed by a board of trustees that meet bi-monthly.

The museums is home to many wonderful artifacts including Jacob Parrott’s Medal of Honor, a blanket owned by Simon Kenton, and a large collection of Kenton Cast Iron Toys.

Museum Timeline


  • 1915 Hardin County Commissioners hand
    over custody of relic room located in
    courthouse to the DAR
  • 1967 The Hardin County Historical Society
  • 1982 Hardin Memorial Hospital deeds
    Sullivan Johnson House to Hardin
  • 1984 Sullivan-Johnson Museum incorporates;Hardin County Commissioners lease
    Sullivan-Johnson House to Sullivan-
    Johnson Museum; Commissioners, DAR,
    Historical Society give relics to Museum
  • 1986 Hardin County Commissioners lease the
    Yost Farmstead on Fairground Road to
    the Hardin County Historical Society
  • 1991 Hardin County Historical Society merges
    with Sullivan-Johnson Museum, Inc. to
    create Hardin County Historical
    Museums, Inc.
  • 1995 Hardin County Commissioners lease
    11.23 acres located on the east side of the
    Hardin County Fairgrounds to Hardin
    County Historical Museums, Inc. to form
    Agricultural Museum