The Hardin County Historical Museums, INC. is a non-profit organization. The museum consists of two properties, The Sullivan-Johnson House and The Hardin County Heritage Farm. The museums runs solely on donations and grant money. We currently have two employees, a director and assistant director as well as a core group of volunteers. We are governed by a board of trustees that meet bi-monthly.
The museums is home to many wonderful artifacts including Jacob Parrott’s Medal of Honor, a blanket owned by Simon Kenton, and a large collection of Kenton Cast Iron Toys.
1915 Commissioners give custody of the relic room to the DAR
1967 Hardin County Historical Society is formed
1982 Hardin Memorial Hospital gives Sullivan-Johnson House to Hardin County
1983 Commissioners approve Sullivan-Johnson by-laws
1984 Sullivan-Johnson Museum incorporated
1984 Commissioners lease Sullivan-Johnson House to Sullivan-Johnson Museum; Commissioners, DAR, Historical Society sign over relics to Museum
1991 Sullivan-Johnson Museum incorporates
2001 Hardin County Historical Museums,Inc.,final merger